This decision tree outlines MtS Inc. decision making process for the full proposals competition of 2019.
Funding Decision Process Infographic Textual Content
This decision tree outlines MtS Inc. decision making process for the full proposals competition of 2019:
- The first stage was a call for expressions of interests, in April 2019
- We received 69 applications to the above call for EOI in May 2019
- The review process started with a first round of review conducted by MtS senior management to make sure proposals aligned with MtS vision and theme areas
- After that, the applications were sent to theme leads for external review (minimum 3 per application)
- In late June, reviewers submitted their scores. All scores and recommendations were compiled and reviewed by the research management committee.
The above review process resulted in:
- 22 proposals that were asked to submit full proposals
- EOI applicants that were invited to submit full proposals submitted their applications September 25th, 2019 and Reviewers were assigned in early October
- Reviewers are expected to submit their scores before the end of October. all scores and recommendations will be compiled and prepared for review of the research management committee.
- Final recommendations from the RMC to the Board are envisioned to go forward at the end of November for a Board meeting in December. Successful applicants will then be invited to join the network.
- In addition, 22 proposals that were invited to participate in collaboratives in 5 main areas that correspond with the MtS Inc. vision and mandate
- Between late September and early December, Preliminary meetings are being organized to bring together members of the collaboratives
- A targeted call for proposals resulting from collaboratives is envisioned for March 2020
- The review process will mirror that of the full proposals