The Making the Shift Scholars with Lived Experience Network is thrilled to announce our first call for applicants for the Scholars with Lived Experience of Youth Homelessness Bursary.
Young people who experience homelessness face many barriers to accessing and maintaining participation in post-secondary studies. The bursaries aim to support scholars with lived experience to participate and successfully complete their post-secondary degrees.
What the bursary includes:
- $3000 to support tuition, costs of living, research-related costs, school-related travel, conference fees, or books
- Membership to the Scholars with Lived Experience Network, including all training, webinars and peer supports
Who can apply?
- Full- or part-time students enrolled in a post-secondary institution in Canada (able to provide proof of enrollment)
- Must identify as having lived or living experience of youth homelessness–defined broadly and including hidden homelessness
- Selected candidates will need to provide a void cheque/direct deposit form as well as a SIN, mailing address and phone number. For any questions or to access support around these requirements during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: LivEx Bursary Application
- Complete this online application
- A committee of network members with lived experience will review applications.
- For any questions or to access support during the application process, including how this bursary may impact your income or any student loans/social assistance you may access, please email@example.com, subject line: LivEx Bursary Application
Applications are due October 30th, 2021.