The following criteria are essential for eligible submissions:
- Meet the deadline of submission by 5:00PM ET June 30, 2021.
- Evidence of positive impact on youth between the ages of 13 and 24 years old.
- The submission meets the Definition of the Prevention of Homelessness:
Homelessness prevention refers to policies, practices, and interventions that reduce the likelihood that someone will experience homelessness. It also means providing those who have been homeless with the necessary resources and supports to stabilize their housing, enhance integration and social inclusion, and ultimately reduce the risk of the recurrence of homelessness.
Submissions demonstrating the following will be favoured by the panel:
- Submissions that demonstrate a rights-based approach to addressing the unique needs of developing adolescents and young adults.
- Submissions that demonstrate potential to be replicated.
- Submissions that demonstrate intentionality around addressing the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls.
- Submissions that demonstrate inclusivity of those with lived experience of youth homelessness.
- Submissions that demonstrate innovation in action.
- Submissions that demonstrate sustainability.
- Submissions that demonstrate collaboration (either within the sector or a cross-systems approach).